My abs will never be flat {wore}


I worked out this morning. I even went on a run last night. But I'm not here for you to tell me how amazing it is that I work out. Because I don't work out. Not really. Sure I'd love to be healthy, I'd love to wear a bikini at some point this summer, I'd even love to run a marathon one day. But if I can be totally honest with you, I'd just like to wear pants that button with a tank top and not look like a busted can of biscuits.

I will never have flat abs, because I'm lazy. I can finally admit that to myself and my blog. I like to sit in our old recliner and watch re-runs of Grey's Anatomy. I like to sit at our kitchen table and read. I like to check my Instagram feed, then Pinterest, and then Instagram again. I like to sit at my lap top an write the day away. When I think about working out, I think, there are not enough hours in the day.

I know my abs will never be flat because I lack the dedication. For the last three months, since the world started to defrost, I scroll past post after post of virtual friends working out. Showing their results and what they ate that day. I don't hate it, in fact it is inspiring. For about five minutes and then someone else posts something like a banana split and I'm like "Hell yes!". I'm proud of my virtual friends that have made a positive change in their life, and I'm kind of jealous that I lack the same dedication and commitment in my life. But really, I will never have flat abs. And I'll probably always jiggle.

Last week I saw a post of someone I follow on Instagram. She was showing off her amazing washboard stomach. The kind you only see in movies or Victoria Secret catalogs. She included her weight loss story along with it and commented that it took her two years to get her abs in that shape. As I read her post it struck me that I don't want flat abs that bad. I can't even stick to a regimen of running or working out three days a week, how on earth would I try to flatten my abs over a two year period. For one, it sounds like a lot of work, and two, I just ain't got time for that. 

I've said it before and I'll say it again, working out doesn't really do it for me. Sure the results are great, but I usually quit before the results are amazing. Aside from trying to live a healthy lifestyle and setting a good example for my girls, I'd rather be writing or blogging. I'd rather be reading or Instagramming. I'd rather be doing anything else, than jumping jacks for Jillian Michaels. 

So while I'm writing and blogging, I'll leave the cardio and flat abs to the dedicated. I'll cheer you on and like your crossfit videos. I'll be jealous of your amazing "Whole 30" dinner, and I'll even pin the recipe so that maybe one day I'll be motivated enough to cook. All I ask in return is that you cheer me on when I do my cardio... 

Get yo self one of these fancy tanks HERE!!

Which is this. Blogging is my cardio.





Thanks to Katy of Handmade Escapade!!