The Father's Day post that almost didn't get written

 
My husband knows that I love him in an almost obscene way.  He gets that I get stressed, that I get tired and that I try to make things perfect even when they are crumbling around me.  The reason why I love him is that he hardly ever loses his cool about the little things.  That's why even though its 6:36 in the evening on Father's Day, he will appreciate this post anyway.
 
Early this morning, I went through our hard drive and founds some of my favorite pictures of John being a Dad.  The pictures that make him a Dad.  The ones I knew I would take all those years ago, when we were on the outs.  The pictures I knew I'd take the day I said I do.  The kind of pictures I have been taking since June 2007 when Caitlin was born.  These are the essence of fatherhood for John.  It's funny because this weekend was one that we really had to do some serious talking about his career.  The one that has been paying the bills for 6 years.  The one we rely so heavily on.  We had to talk about new adventures, new beginnings, and possibly new routines.  For the first time in six years, this man, my man, has a new perspective.  He now has the eyes of a father.  Not that he hasn't before, but this year for the first time, it wasn't about the money, or the career, or even the notoriety.  It was about his girls, simply stating, "I'd miss them too much".  Which my friends, is so poetic and breathtaking to this mama.  It completely confirms what I have known all along, that there was never a question about this man.  This dad.
 

The day he became a dad.


Trying to soothe a mad as hell Mac.


Daddy and Mac just chillin.


Bounce house shenanigans.


He can never deny that this child is his, because
I'll use this picture as evidence.


Throwing leaves on Thanksgiving 2011.


A picture on the eve of last father's day.  Perfection.


Teaching his girls about baseball.


Smothering him with love.


First Father Daughter Dance excitement.


This picture reminds me that there is no other person I'd rather share my life with.

Dear Hubbs,
Thank you for making my dreams come true.
Even the ones I never dreamed about.
This is my happily ever after.
With love,
The wife


Happy Father's Day!
 

linking up
still being [molly]