A New 365 Day Journey



I turned 35 today.  I'm writing this Tuesday night in the quiet of my living room.  My living room!  On my new Chromebook.  It's what I've been dreaming about for a while.  To write when ever and where ever the mood strikes me.  I've been blogging, through the trenches as it may seem, for a little over two years.  All from my home PC.  Now, thanks to the village that raised me and continues to help raise my littles, I'm a blogger, dare I say, writer on the move.

I received a birthday Tweet today from Kelly of Live Laugh Rowe.  It said, "Here's to the beginning of a new 365 day journey!".  It moved me.  Here I was worried about getting another year older.  Instead I get a whole new year to learn, laugh, cry, make mistakes, make good, make love, and be me.  It's like getting new blank pages, another great quote from my friend Nay.  I'm excited and refreshed, birthdays really are birthdays in the sense that you get quite literally a rebirth.  Happy New Year (35) to me.

Today, was a most excellent day.  Were there tears (not mine)?  Yes.  Were there interruptions in happiness?  Yes.  Yet, I can't remember having a day so jammed packed with love, life, and laughter.  Family and friends, near, far, and in bloggy land.  I am beautifully and wonderfully blessed.  I had lunch with a friend, a really good friend, that I hadn't seen in months.  I got a text from a friend that I've known for 17 years, and we still consider ourselves real friends.  Even my late night text session with the BF, made my day come full circle.  It's what lies in the little things; the emails, tweets, texts, and phone calls, that remind you that some connections no matter the miles, or the years can't be broken.

If this post seems all over the place, it in fact is.  I wasn't sure what I wanted to write about, I just knew I wanted to write it.  I also wanted to share some of the things that I did, to commemorate 35, my scary age that has turned out not to be so scary.  Also, I'm that blogger, that decided to create a #hashtag to celebrate her birthday.  #thisis35  #megsturns35  Go ahead and groan...

Thanks to my parents for this blessing.
They continue to help make the impossible possible.

Wrote my first blog post last night on my new toy.
It was amazing.

Received some Starbucks love from some lovely ladies!
Kristine, Jennifer, and Jaci.
I'm so spoiled rotten
Me in my birthday suit!
Ha, total joke right.
And the dirty mirrors are my birthday gift to you.

New sunnies.  Green straw.  Pedi appointment.
Pure bliss.

Birthday kisses from this one.
It was a very good day.
Driving home from my mom's house tonight, I looked up at the full moon.  I could see all the nooks and crannies of it.  I'm a dreamer.  Forever looking up.  Dreaming about my next big thing.  My next big adventure.  Tonight, I looked at the bright full moon and thought how thankful I was for this day.  How content I felt.  How everything was perfect and imperfect all at the same time.  And it was the perfect way to end the first day of my next 365 day journey.