Just a few hours left

 
Pinned Image
pin it here
 
 With just a few hours left I feel like there are a few things I want to really remember about Christmas of 2012.  It's been years since I have enjoyed a Christmas this much.  That's not to say that it wasn't stressful, or sleepless, or painless.  It's to say that we lived every moment to the fullest.  I for one ventured way out of my comfort zone at times.  I was also finally at a place in my life where I asked for help, without feeling guilty.  I also said "no" a lot and stayed within my own limits of sanity. 
 
 Maybe it's because I'm at such a different place. 
I've learned so much about myself this past year. 
 
What I want.
What I'm capable of.
What truly makes me happy.
 
I will miss Christmas 2012 for many reasons.
Here are just a few.
 
Mac singing to Michale Bubble-lee.  Because that's her favorite Christmas CD, and if you play any other version of "Santa Claus is coming to Town" she will cry until you put on "Michael Bubble-lee".
 
Mac singing any carols at all.  She confuses Frosty and Rudolph.  Jingle Bells is half English half gibberish.  It's music to my ears.
 
My Tree.  I took so many pictures of it and posted them to Instagram.  I'm so sorry.  I also get my mother's obsession with Christmas trees.  I'll never make fun of her again!
 
Caitlin singing White Christmas.  But the Glee version.  Which of course makes me so happy.  We have watched Blaine and Kurt sing and skate more times than I can count.  First of all it's a fun song, but secondly, it's Blaine and Kurt.  Caitlin says Blaine is her favorite, she likes his hair.  Well, duh!
 
My elf.  Even if he got me into a little hot water.  I'm going to miss him when he goes home.
 
My out of town family.  It was so awesome to have them here on Christmas Eve.  Then yesterday, more out of towners came over and brought presents.  I'm so blessed with such an awesome group of people I can call family!!
 
I'm also thankful for many of our blessings this Christmas.
 
My parents and Grandparents who spoil our girls rotten!
 
My Brother in Law and Sister in Law who have proven time and again that they are the real Santas in our lives.  Can you say Coach Kindle Cover, Otter Box for our iPad, and 540 count sheets?  I can!
 
Team Tamale and all the joy our tamales brought.  There are 11 tamales left of 17 dozen.
 
The Hubbs and his week off from work!  We spent all this week enjoying family time and each others company.  We didn't fight or annoy each other.  The kids were sick and we handled it.  Such a great week to end the year!
 
Mostly I'm just thankful for this time together. 
The joy in my heart, and the promise of 2013.
 
Happy New Year one day early!!